How did I get here?
- After completing a BA in Psychology with an emphasis on counseling from the University of San Diego, I went on to spend 4 years working as a behavioral counselor under the supervision of licensed clinical therapists. This was where I learned that I had a natural inclination towards helping people heal through challenging situations and move towards massive change.
It’s also where I learned that the traditional clinical psychology route was not what most called to me.
- My professional journey took me on to creating and facilitating people-development workshops for non-profit organizations: from effective communication, to empowered parenting, to suicide prevention, and everything in between. I honed my public speaking and group-management skills, and got comfortable talking about any topic with just about anyone.
This was a transformative time that required me to tap into my courage on a daily basis.
- I eventually moved into people-development in the corporate world with the desire to affect change on a systemic level – I believe that when people feel better at work, they’re encouraged to go into the world as better humans. I partnered with The Predictive Index to leverage science-backed tools supported by 60 years of behavioral insights, to do just that. I combined this with Adlerian training on Empowering People in the Workplace, DISC, and Situational Leadership for every member of the organization.
- In the span of those 12 years mentioned above I also did a lot of personal growth and training;
- I completed the Kundinyasa Yoga Teacher Training to strengthen my spiritual practice and my self-discipline (some highlights were 120 consecutive days of a personal Sadhana, White-Tantra, 52-minutes of Sat Kriya – twice, bound lotus, and more frogs than I’d like to count!).
- Reiki 2nd degree certification and practicum.
- Quantum meditation and brain rewiring techniques taught by Joe Dispenza (this is part of my daily practice now).
- Walking 400-miles across Spain as a pilgrim on the Camino de Santiago – this was a goal I’d carried for 8 years; to accomplish it was life-changing, and I can’t wait to go back!
Finally, there came a day when I could no longer ignore my true calling…
I’d known that there was a purpose behind all of my training in a range of personal development and counseling practices – and why I had not stayed on the traditional track I was pressured towards post-grad.
It was time to step into my power and start putting my experience and expertise into practice; thus, Practical Alchemy was born.
I believe that everyone has the ability to access their highest purpose. My role is to serve as a guide who supports you in your self-exploration to uncover your limiting core beliefs, and to establish new ways of thinking in alignment with the life you want to live.
I’m honored to be on this journey with you.
Some credentials you should know:
- BA in Psychology
- Trauma-informed Counseling certification
- Motivational Interviewing (MI) counselor
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills
- HIPAA Certified + NPI: Counselor of Mental Health
- Crisis Management and mediation cert.
- NLP Practitioner
- Theta-state facilitator
- Reiki 2nd Degree
- 200hr Kundinyasa YTT + meditation guide
- Situational Leadership + DISC trainer
- EPWP + Positive Discipline trainer
- Licensed Analyst of Predictive Index Behavioral and Cognitive Assessments
Designed To Thrive
I started working with Leilany when I was struggling with a stressful work situation and seeking more balance.
She has a very genuine, caring nature and She gave me practical tools to help me navigate difficult circumstances in my life.
I’m so grateful to have found her and highly recommended her work!
Leilany is an excellent coach. I started working with her to gain motivation to get into a Master’s program, and I have gotten so much more than that from our sessions.
She is authentic, thoughtful and always there to provide support. she helps make big challenges feel manageable with simple techniques.
I am improving myself daily and getting closer to my big goals, while feeling like I meet smaller personal goals regularly.
Leilany is passionate about people, she gives everything and puts her heart and soul into the work.
She is truly one of the best! She keeps you accountable, work with her!
Leilany approaches consulting with a level of professionalism and dedication that is truly remarkable. Informal compliments from staff reinforce her status as a top notch instructor! Her work is of the utmost quality!